Home Forums Unicon All wpbakery content disappears after update of wp-bakery plugin

Home Forums Unicon All wpbakery content disappears after update of wp-bakery plugin

• Creator
    Ticket

Hi,

After a while off maintaining the website to my company, I was prompted by WP to update plugins this morning, which I did.

After updating WP Bakery, my whole website just went blank. (No screenshot needed, just white, nothing).

When I isolated the WP Bakery plugin by deactived every single plugin on my WP one by one, I discovered it was the source of the problem, and contacted WP Bakery support.

Here’s their answer:

Hi,

The issue is because the older visual composer (now WPBakery Page Builder) was modified by the theme author by customizing the existing elements and adding the new one’s. Now when you updated it, the customization made by the theme author was lost which causes the issue. You can check it with the theme author if there is any way to preserve the customization done by him with the latest version, so that such an issue can be avoided at your end.”

WP and every plug-in in use is up to date.

Please, help us, Minti support, you are our only hope!

Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.