Home Forums Unicon Updating Unicon Theme with the included plugins WPbakery and Revslider

Home Forums Unicon Updating Unicon Theme with the included plugins WPbakery and Revslider

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phil (Support) 5 years ago.

• Creator
    Ticket

Hi, I have several questions related to updating the Unicon theme for my website. The first is: I am currently running the Unicon Theme V.2.5.1 – if I haven’t installed the child theme and haven’t changed any php pages, can I add the child theme when I update the theme to V.2.5.2 without causing an issue? Because I may need to make changes to some of the PHP pages going forward and I understand if you activate the child theme the site won’t be missing any changes made to php pages on the next update.

Second, in the current theme install, I have WPBakery and the Revslider active. I have purchased the license for both of these plugins and have them up-to-date. I know that the theme comes with and requires both of these plugins. How can I update the theme without losing the work and data completed with those plugins? In other words, how do I not lose the sliders I’ve created or the structure I built when updating the theme?

When I update themes, I update the theme in Appearance in WordPress dashboard instead of through ftp. I’ve noticed that sometimes the install throws a warning that the install was not successful because the revslider plugin exists already. But if I deactivate the plugin and delete it, I will lose my sliders. What is the best process for updating the theme and the plugins associated with the theme?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.