Home Forums Unicon WooCommerce Product page.

Home Forums Unicon WooCommerce Product page.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phil (Support) 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Ticket

I have already contacted Woocommerce about the issue and they suggested a fix that involves changing the Theme Functions php file

What the bottom line issue is that we want to remove the lightbox function on the single product page and shop page (which I have not created yet)
    Also we want to have an slider when clicking on additional images. We don’t feel the lightbox works and looks good on a mobile device too.
    So this is an excerpt from what they said.

Here’s a guide that one of my teammates wrote on removing lightbox support:
    http://www.remicorson.com/disable-woocommerce-3-zoom/ (which says add this code the theme functions.php)

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘remove_wc_gallery_lightbox’, 100 );
    function remove_wc_gallery_lightbox() {
    remove_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-lightbox’ );
    }
    The problem is I tried adding this but it had not effect. I probably added it the wrong place.

Another excerpt is:

So when I disable the lightbox and add additional images what is the effect? I mean do thumbnails still appear and when you click on them do the change the image
    Woo: It depends a bit on your theme. But typically if you disable the lightbox effect, your theme will open the images in a full window when you click on the main image.
    Woo: If you have multiple images for a product, then those thumbnails should replace the main product image as they are clicke

My question is what effect removing the lightbox have on the product page image. Are ideal situation will be to have a slider and when clicking on the thumbnail it replaces the main image with the thumbnail image.
    I have tried installing some third party plugins but the are not working properly.

Can you please advise.

Thanks!

Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.