Awesome work with Inovado!
(I have been using it on my site for over 3 years)
But I would like to setup Inovado as a child theme.
And the last time I de-activated the theme to try do this, it broke the site (404 errors and white screens of death)
– even after re-enabling the theme again
– so I had to restore my site from a BackupBuddy backup to get it back to working again
– but I really need child customsiation for Woocommerce now.
So can you please assist me in properly setting up the theme as a child?
(and explain what might be going wrong if it crashes again?)
1. I have SSL Cert on my site, so I have made some edits to the core theme files (to convert all http to https),
which I can provide to you (or you already know 🙂 and we can place them in the child themes files instead.
2. I have an htaccess file that maintains my permalink structure – and also forces all connections to HTTPS via rewrite rules.
3. I have a ‘code snippits’ plugin (for adding a function to the functions.php)
– so after setting up my theme as a child, Im not sure if that will still be inserting into the themes core files, or if it will be then inserting into the child theme’s files?
Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.