Home Forums Unicon Canonical tag issues. Blog default page vs Theme created layout

Home Forums Unicon Canonical tag issues. Blog default page vs Theme created layout

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phil (Support) 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Ticket

Hello,

Apologies for being new to using your theme, I’ve taken over the management of the website from an agency that used your theme previously.

I have an issue where the Yoast SEO plugin cannot correctly display canonical tags.

I think it’s because the theme isn’t using the default blog style page for layout but it’s using the “Blog template” and then defining a masonry grid as part of the settings for this page. Under “reading settings” no page is selected.

I think for the Yoast plugin to work correctly it needs to know via “reading settings” which page is the blog.

IF I go to READING SETTINGS > YOUR HOMEPAGE DISPLAYS > BLOG > and change to the specific blog page then the Yoast plugin now works and shows the canonical tags as required BUT I’m forced to the default blog page style.

Hope I’ve explained the problem well enough but can you advise how I can continue with this masonry style as is but be able to define the reading settings correctly for the blog. Being fresh to the theme there may be something I’m overlooking.

Happy to provide more information and clarity as required. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.