Home Forums Unicon fatal error when trying to update Slider Revolution plugin

Home Forums Unicon fatal error when trying to update Slider Revolution plugin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aeralston 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Ticket

aeralston
    Buyer

Hi,

It had been a while since I updated my Unicon theme or any plugins, but I migrated the site and decided to finally do the updates.
    I manually updated Unicon, and it did have some hiccups but was eventually fine (see my other ticket – now resolved).

What hasn’t resolved though is the Slider Revolution plugin.
    Currently, I have version 5.0.8 installed, and it seems that 6.5.10 is the most recent version.
    However, in the WP admin panel, I’m not getting any notice of any updates being available.
    So I’m not able to update the plugin from within the WP admin panel.

During the migration, my hosting tech also deactivated Slider Revolution – it was causing a bunch of errors.
    I thought maybe if I activated the plugin, I would be able to update it.
    But when I try to activate Slider Revolution, I get the following error:
    ———————————————
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/e164385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /home/e164385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(410): RevSliderBaseAdmin::addMetaBox(‘Revolution Slid…’, ”, Array, NULL) #1 /home/e164385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(69): RevSliderAdmin->addSliderMetaBox() #2 /home/e164385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php(46): RevSliderAdmin->init() #3 /home/e164385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider.php(150): RevSliderAdmin->__construct(‘/home/e164385/p…’) #4 /home/e164385/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2286): include_once(‘/home/e164385/p…’) #5 /home/e164385/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(191): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘revslider/revsl…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/e164385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 69
    —————————————-
    I tried to contact SR, but they directed me to you since the plugin is bundled with Unicon.
    Can you hep?
    Can you send me SR files that I can upload manually maybe?
    Thanks,
    Amy

Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.