Home Forums Unicon Google Structured Data errors

Home Forums Unicon Google Structured Data errors

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  akhundov 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Ticket

akhundov
    Buyer

Hello,
    I have a question / suggestion.
    Upon using the Google Webmaster tools, I noticed that Google is detecting structured data errors, like “missing author” or “missing updated”. I know that both the authors and date are there in the code. So I Googled up for a possible solution. One of the articles I came across suggests there might be an incorrect code in the “single.php” (or similar files): https://www.wpcub.com/fix-missing-required-field-entry-titleupdatehcard-error-in-wordpress/

The steps they outline seem simple enough, however:

a) I am not sure whether I can trust the author of the article (in other words I am worried not to mess things up by altering the code);
    b) since I am using the child theme, I do not see the single.php or most other files in the editor. Does it mean that if I decided to follow those steps I would need to activate the mother theme, apply changes, then activate the child theme again? Or could I copy the single.php into my child theme?
    c) Moreover, since the theme updates would likely rewrite the single.php file anyway, would I be better off by correcting these errors in the child theme? If so, please advise how.

I think that this kind of generic issues are better be corrected by the developer so that all theme users benefit from it. What do you guys think: could you simply correct these errors in the theme code, so that we get rid of these errors during the next theme update?
    Thank you!

Sorry, only verified customers can view ticket replies.