Classic Theme Update
- Remember to always make backup of your files and database. You can do that manually or use a Plugin like BackupBuddy, BackWPUp or BackupWordPress
- First of all you need to download the new package from Themeforest. Login to your ThemeForest Account and go to your Downloads Section. Find the Theme you are looking for and click Download.You will always get the most recent Theme files there.
- Login to your FTP account and navigate to your WordPress Installation directory. Navigate to the folder /wp-content/themes. Simply drop the updated “unicon” Theme folder and replace the current one.
- You can also update your Theme with the Envato WordPress Toolkit. You can find a good tutorial how to do that here.
- To update your plugins you need to update your theme first (follow the steps above).
- After the Theme Update, go to the Plugins section of your WordPress Installation and DISABLE your instances of the plugins temporarily (most likely Visual Composer Plugin, Revolution Slider, Unicon Portfolio CPT).
- Now you can install the latest version under Appearance > Install Plugins.
The forum ‘FAQ’ is closed.